The Regional Cybersecurity Symposium is an important event that aims to enhance national security by strengthening the resilience and security of critical infrastructure against cyber threats. It brings together regional experts, policymakers, industry leaders, and security professionals to address the unique challenges faced by critical infrastructure sectors in the region. It serves as a platform for regional dialogue, knowledge sharing, and coordinated efforts to strengthen national security in the region.
Our vision is to establish a strong and collaborative security environment where regional stakeholders have the necessary knowledge, skills, and resources to effectively combat and manage cyber threats against critical infrastructure and national security.
The primary goal of the Regional Cybersecurity Symposium is to enhance our collective defense capabilities. This event aims to unite the cybersecurity community from different regions, promoting global collaboration. The symposium will emphasize the vital role of national and other relevant Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRTs) inpromoting cyber resilience and protecting critical information infrastructures.
The Regional Cybersecurity Symposium, under the theme "Ensuring Cyber Resilience: Securing Our Connected Future" focuses on the critical importance of fortifying cybersecurity measures in an increasingly interconnected world. This Symposium brings together experts, policymakers, and stakeholders to discuss strategies and collaborative efforts for enhancing cyber resilience. A key aspect of this event is the role of Computer Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) within the region. These teams play a pivotal role in coordinating responses to cyber threats, sharing vital information,and implementing best practices to safeguard digital infrastructures. The collaboration among regional CERTs isessential in developing a unified and robust defense against the evolving landscape of cyber threats, ensuring a secure and resilient digital future for all.
- Foster Regional Collaboration: Encourage the sharing of knowledge, strategies, and best practices among neighbouring countries to bolster regional defense against cyber threats.
- Increasing awareness and preparedness among participating nations.
- Advancing international collaboration for a unified approach to cyber defense.
- Enhance Understanding of Cyber Risks: Highlight the latest cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and trends affecting critical infrastructure and national security.
- Develop Robust Cybersecurity Frameworks: Assist in the creation and implementation of effective cybersecurity policies, standards, and protocols tailored to the needs of critical infrastructure.
- Improving the efficiency of incident response and communication between Member States
- Build Capacity and Skills: Provide training and workshops to develop the technical and strategic skills necessaryfor defending critical systems.
- Policy and Governance: Examining regulatory frameworks, national cybersecurity strategies, and public-private partnerships.
- Threat Landscape and Intelligence Sharing: Understanding regional cyber threats and the importance of intelligence sharing for pre-emptive defense.
- Technological Innovations: Exploring cutting-edge cybersecurity technologies and their application in protecting critical infrastructure.
- Incident Response and Recovery: Best practices in responding to and recovering from cyber incidents to ensure continuity of critical services.
- Workforce Development and Education: Strategies for cultivating a skilled cybersecurity workforce to meet the growing demands of the sector.
- Presentations: From leading cybersecurity experts and regional policymakers.
- Panel Discussions: Involving a diverse group of stakeholders discussing specific challenges and collaborative strategies.
- Interactive Workshops: Hands-on sessions focusing on specific skills, tools, and methodologies.
- Networking Opportunities: Facilitated sessions for building connections and sharing experiences among participants.
- Government officials from national security, defense, and IT departments.
- Executives and security professionals from key sectors like energy, telecommunications, finance, and transportation.
- Cybersecurity solution providers, academic researchers, and policy analysts.
Participants will gain a comprehensive understanding of regional cyber threats, improve their skills, establish stronger networks, and develop actionable strategies for their organizations and sectors. The symposium's objective is to foster a unified and well-informed regional approach to combating cyber threats to critical infrastructure and national security.